Sunday, October 7, 2018


10-7-18

By 10:00 AM we were on the road headed for Barstow, CA.  Many of the cities we will visit next are on the old Route 66, and this is one of them.  The desert is all around us and looks like the picture above.  Nice to visit but I can't imagine living in this terrain.

We parked at Barstow/Calico KOA, which is actually in Yermo.  Here is a view from our site.
KOAs are very attractive to families, so we were greeted with this train out front.  They usually have nice playgrounds, a pool, a bouncy pad and activities.  I haven't seen too many kids so far at this campground, but they're probably here.


I saw my first roadrunner just outside our door.  I didn't have time to get a picture, though.

We had a great dinner at the famous Peggy Sue's 50's Diner. 
I had one of my favorites, liver and onions, and Gary had homemade meatloaf.  The portions were enormous.  It wouldn't surprise me if we end up there tomorrow night, too.

Tomorrow we will explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment