Thursday, July 21, 2016

You know how you have been hearing about the ungodly heat and the effects of "corn sweat" (huh?) in the middle of the country?  Well, guess where we are!  The high in St. Louis was 97 today and will be 100 tomorrow.  With the humidity, I can't even imagine what the heat index is.  This is the kind of heat that smacks you in the face whenever you venture out.

I'm so happy we got to see the famous St. Louis arch today on our way through the city.  It is even bigger than I imagined.
St. Louis a big city and spreads miles and miles into the western countryside.  I was surprised by how many large shopping centers, outlet malls and other stores spread in that direction. 

We crossed the Mississippi and the Missouri Rivers here and ended up in Danville, MO at the Lazy Day RV Park.  The park is nice, wooded and graveled, but there is absolutely nothing in Danville.  We found that Montgomery City was a few miles away so we ate there at Oliver's for dinner. The building was once a church and then a movie theater.   Across the street was a bakery just for Gary where he bought some cream horns for later.  He also wants to have breakfast there in the morning.  You will not hear me complaining.

Someone carved a cute dog totem pole and put it in the RV Park.  I had to share.

I hope Gary will walk Baby later.  I don't want to go outside again.  Tomorrow is a rest day.


No comments:

Post a Comment