Tuesday, July 5, 2016

This morning we left the odd Campus Park n Drive RV Park, but I finally caught on to the function of the place.  People going to work park there and take a bus to their places of business.  It completely filled up.  That's how they make their money, not from RVs parking there.  Also, they had someone in the gate booth all the time, so you didn't have to call someone to be let in and out.

I finally got straightened out about the painted fiberglass donkeys we saw in Philly I wrote about yesterday. They aren't mascots, they are there for the Democratic National Convention.

We left Philadelphia and crossed the state line into Delaware.  We were in Delaware about 20 minutes and it cost a $4 toll for the privilege.  Then we crossed into Maryland.

The Baltimore Harbor Tunnel is one of the few in the country that you can't go through if you are carrying propane, which nearly every RV carries.  The others are all around New York City.  Anyway, we had to route around Baltimore to avoid it.

We ended up at Ramblin' Pines RV Park in Woodbine, MD.  The woods here remind me of Camp Strawderman, which I attended with my sisters when I was young.  Our mother also went there.  The humidity also reminds me of camp and reminds me that I'm not in Oregon anymore.

We had a delightful dinner with an old camp friend, Pam T at Woodbine Inn, a great seafood place.  It was great to see her after many years.  We had our first east coast crab of the trip, but not our last, I am sure.

1 comment: