Monday, November 26, 2018

11-26-18
Just a short note so you know we're fine and having fun visiting old friends.

Yesterday we went to see Libby Levin, my friend since elementary school, who sang with me in high school and in our group the Nonuette.  The biggest thing our group did was to take a singing tour of military bases in the Caribbean with our music teacher the year after we graduated. It was a Department of Defense tour.  We hadn't seen each other since our class's 50th reunion in 2014.  Nancy went with me to see Libby.  Nancy was in Nonuette the two years after my graduation and then Janis was in it the two years after that. It was a big part of our lives.


Today Gary and I visited with Jerry and Shirley Behrens, friends since his Air Force days in the 60's in Germany.  We saw them last in Kansas two years ago where we camped our RVs together and visited the Truman library, among other things.  It, too, was a very special visit.


Tomorrow, Nancy and I are off to Jacksonville to see sister, Janis.

No comments:

Post a Comment