Monday, March 16, 2015



This was a quiet day, which was good for Gary because he has a bit of a chest cold.  I took Baby for nail clipping at a nearby veterinarian after she tried to bite me when I was doing it.  Gary and I did some paperwork and then returned some left-handed golf clubs he had borrowed while waiting for the new ones he ordered.  Then we had a quick lunch out and returned to the bus for a nap.  I started researching RV parks for our trip west, which will start at the end of this week.
We had dinner at the Hurricane Dockside Grill which is pictured above.  It sits next to a cypress grove and if you look carefully at the second picture you can see a small alligator swimming near the water lilies.
I learned two things today, one is that motorcyclists don't have to wear helmets here (!!!) and the other is that Spanish moss is not a parasite on the trees here but is an epiphyte which just benefits from the minerals that trees naturally leach.  It does not harm the tree.  Also, it is not really a moss but is a flowering air plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment