Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Here is a sign Gary saw on the golf course yesterday warning about poisonous snakes and alligators!  In spite of the danger, he shot a 92 and felt moved to purchase the borrowed clubs that made this score possible.  Now we have 5,843 golf clubs in our possession!  Just kidding but sometimes it feels that way.

I had to give in and color my hair this morning instead of waiting to get back to my faithful, long-time hair stylist.  I learned that when L'Oreal says "light brown" it may not necessarily apply to me.  My gray roots are covered but this is a bit darker than advertised.  It isn't bad, though.

Tonight we had dinner at a charming lakeside restaurant on Weir Lake called Eatons Beach.  We ate with friends John and Bill who we had not seen in the many years since we owned travel agencies in Portland, and had a delightful time.  They promised to visit us in Oregon soon.  During dinner we experienced one of those famous Florida downpours.  I haven't seen rain that heavy in a long time.  It was kind of fun.

When Nancy and I were driving home from Jacksonville on Sunday we saw hundreds of motorcycle riders heading the other way.  It turns out that this week is Bike Week in Daytona where thousands of cycling fans meet, race and contribute to the local economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment