Friday, March 27, 2015


The stars at night ARE big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas.  The sky show was unbelievable last night in Balmorhea, TX and above is a spectacular picture of the sunrise.  We left after breakfast, heading for Las Cruces, NM and the Hacienda RV and Rally Park.

I am so excited that we found this great RV park.  I have been worried ever since we were last in New Mexico about those darn goat head thorns that hurt our pups, (I had even bought them little boots) but this park has been cleaned out, cemented and graveled over until we can walk the dogs with no worries. Whew!

After we arrived here we did a little research and visited Historic Old Mesilla which is an area of adobe shops, restaurants and booths in a square that reminded me of Santa Fe.  A picture of one of the side streets is above. We wandered around there for a while and then went back to the Bays Bus so Gary could get a little rest.  He is doing all of the driving and it is tiring, especially when it is windy as it was today.

We saw lots of stockyards on our way here so decided this would be the perfect place for a steak dinner.  We were correct.

I am supposed to be the navigator, along with the GPS system but I don't have any trouble falling asleep on the road.  Gary joked with some people we met this morning that the antidote to my sleeping was to ride for a minute on the rumble strip.  I think he was only half-joking, though.  That will absolutely wake me up instantly and my adrenaline does not abate for at least a half hour.  Tricky guy, that Gary.

No comments:

Post a Comment