Monday, March 16, 2015

I was too tired last night to write, so this one is for Sunday, March 15.  We had a normal morning, eating breakfast on the bus and doing a bit of housecleaning and laundry.  Then we went with Ken and Nancy to the Markets of Marion, a huge flea market and marketplace that Nancy and I have visited before.  Gary and I each bought a hat, I picked up another jar of a fantastic honey-based skin cream, a surprise present for grandson, Evan and a few holiday gifts.  Those of you who know me well know that I carry a list of friends and family for whom I purchase birthday and holiday gifts in my wallet.  As I buy these presents I write them on the list so I won't forget what I have bought when the occasions arise.  This usually saves me from dealing with parking and crowds around the holidays.
After we checked on the dogs we met again for The Villages production of "Les Miserables".  It was an amateur production somewhat adapted for the venue but not bad.  They had brought in a couple of trained singers but most of them were residents of the town.  The man who played and sang Javert's part was excellent and he was a local realtor.  Cossette and Fantine were a little too old to be believable, but I guess you work with what is available.  I enjoyed it and Gary was a good sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment