Sunday, June 19, 2016

When we were at the campground in Green River, WY we thought we were in the absolute boondocks.  We didn't unhook the car and go exploring like we usually do because we were tired and because we thought we would find more of the same.  Imagine our surprise when we drove about 2 miles east and saw a lovely little city with nice homes, restaurants and shops.  Live and learn.  You never know what is around the next corner.

On our way we passed the Continental Divide two times.  Don't ask me how that is possible but we saw two separate signs, miles apart.

This is our second night in Cheyenne, WY.  We are at AB Campground, which is known for its great BBQ restaurant right on site which is run by the owners of the campground.  We liked it so much that we ate dinner here both nights.  When we arrived here we noticed a chicken coop on wheels, something we had never seen before.  A camper for chickens.  We are hoping the chickens were not meant for the BBQ restaurant.
This is a picture of the door knocker on the BBQ restaurant.  It is hard to see, but the knocker is spurs.

Yesterday we didn't do much, as we had just arrived and it had been a long driving day.  I did some laundry, we walked Baby and we met another couple towing an Airstream with an Infiniti.  They were the first ones we had met.

Today I took Grandpa Gaggy out for breakfast for Father's Day.  We went downtown to the Egg and I, which was just across the street from the Wyoming capitol building.
I was being especially nice to him and poured him his coffee without remembering that I had already put my sweetener in it.  Then I poured sweetener into my cup, so there was no cup of coffee for him.  Happy Father's Day!  Aside from that the breakfast was very nice.

Cheyenne is a little worse for the wear from the last economic downturn and from the decline of the coal industry here.  They are trying to improve the city, though and have adopted the Cowboy Boot as the symbol of the city.  Various artists are decorating them and putting them around the downtown area.


Tomorrow we leave for Nebraska.  Sleep well.




2 comments:

  1. I love that beautiful blue Wyoming sky in the third photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the boot. In my size, of course.

    ReplyDelete