Tuesday, February 17, 2015

   Today we spent with son, David in southern Alabama.  We did some shopping for groceries and for supplies for some "handyman" projects for the motorhome.  In two trips to Home Depot, two trips to Office Depot and a long, solo trip to Walmart we restocked the fridge and pantry, reinforced the closet clothes hanging bar and added a place to keep the dog's leashes.

It was so cold today we may as well have been back in Portland.  I was very happy for my wool hat, heavy coat and flannel pajamas!  This cold is everywhere, I know, but so surprising to me for this far south.

For lunch we went to a restaurant in Spanish Fort, AL called Felix's Fish Camp.  Gary had his first crab cakes of the trip and I had an unusual soup trio which came in small cups, gumbo, crab soup and turtle soup.  All three were excellent.  I never tried turtle soup before but would have it, again.

It was good to see David and we will stop by Mobile again on our way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment