Monday, June 25, 2018

6-25-18

Yesterday I forgot to post a picture of Gary I took at the Air Museum, so here it is.
After yesterday's trip to Bend we went to Prineville to have lunch and to check out a golf course where he is playing right now.  Meadow Lakes Golf Course has a history.  In 1988 the Environmental Protection Agency was ready to levy a $25,000 a day fine on the city of Prineville because of the dumping of waste water directly into the Crooked River.  One of the solutions for the problem was to build a golf course that included many small lakes which doubled as holding ponds and to also use
some of the water for irrigation.  The course is just beautiful and I assume the water is safe but I don't like to think about it.

I have learned things I never thought about before on this trip.  One topic is hay for cows versus hay for horses.  This came up when I saw a sign on the road advertising both.  I looked it up and there are huge differences.  Horses can be finicky and need their hay to have very specific nutrients.  Cows, not so much.  Who knew?

We passed an alpaca farm and saw a field full of recently sheared alpacas.  They were very cute, kind of looked like large poodles.  You could stop there and feed them if you wanted.

We had dinner at Baldy's BBQ last night and it was very good.  Gary had brisket and I had a Cuban sandwich.
Here is a picture of the world's happiest campers.

No comments:

Post a Comment