Monday, March 19, 2018


3-19-18 Two happy campers

Last night we had one final dinner in Newport.  It was a great meal of shrimp and chips, probably the best I've ever had, at Oceansbleu, a nice little restaurant in Old Town.  As we were deciding what to order I noticed a section of the menu that said, "All seafood is fresh, flown in daily by FedEx"  We were literally sitting Right. By. The. Ocean!!!  How fresh do you need the seafood to be?

After dinner we took a ride to see the Newport Belle, a bed and breakfast on a docked paddle wheeler.


Today we moved to Florence, OR to Heceta Beach RV Park.  It is a bit more rustic than the one in Newport, with hedges and trees separating each site and gravel roads, but nice.  We hooked up the trailer to electricity, water and sewer, and leveled the rig, which is our normal process.  Then we had lunch and took a little nap.  We are so lazy!  I guess we must have needed all of this rest.

I can still do my little job of answering the phone for the new owner of our dry cleaning delivery service from the road.  I enjoy this and don't mind doing it when we're away. 

We ate dinner at Bridgewater Fish House in Florence.  They had unusual straws in their drinks which I think were made of some kind of cardboard.  I am guessing this is more Eco-friendly than plastic straws.

Gary took my picture to prove that I am actually on this trip, too.  Here I am. 


No comments:

Post a Comment