Wednesday, April 8, 2015

WE ARE HOME!!  We arrived safely on Sunday and have spent the last few days removing things from the RV, washing things from the RV, putting things back on the RV, etc.  Exhausting but worth it. I feel like my house is a palace because it feels so big.  People have asked if we will go on other trips.  Definitely.  I'm not sure where yet but we have lots of friends on the east coast we want to see when weather permits.  We also plan on taking lots of smaller, shorter trips.

There were some surprises on this trip.  One was that we stayed at approximately 35 RV parks along the way, some wonderful and some not so much.  Most of them were really good, though.  We never once barbequed, (used the microwave, instead) we never once sat outside and watched TV.  Actually, we never once sat outside.  The weather was either too hot with too many mosquitoes, or too cold.  Gary became a plumber, electrician and carpenter at one time or another.  We learned to play dodge ball with giant tumbleweeds.  We saw a guy at least in his 70's in L.A. with every inch of his body and face covered with tattoos. 

I am surprised at how disoriented I am after 9 weeks on the road.  The shower seems like the head is on the wrong side, I can't find anything and I can't remember how things like the house alarm work.  It is coming back but I feel really stupid.

Thanks to everyone who followed our blog.  I enjoyed writing it and will continue on future trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment