Thursday, August 9, 2018

8-9-18

To be brutally honest, the number one thing I enjoy about RVing is eating out.  I am not talking about eating outside by the campfire, I am talking about restaurants.   The food cart above, called Ship Out, is a welcome addition to the Lewis and Clark RV Park and Golf Course in Astoria, OR where we have stayed once before.  We had prawns and chips there last night and, OMG, they were so good!

This morning we went to Pig n Pancake, which is a fairly typical breakfast place and tonight we are going to try Smoked Bones BBQ.  Most days we eat breakfast in and sometimes lunch, too but we only eat dinner in if there is a monsoon. 

When we arrive at a campground we have lots to do.  After we disconnect the trailer from the truck, the electricity, water and sewer lines need to be hooked up and the Airstream has to be leveled.  If we don't level it we could roll out of bed, or worse.  It is kind of disorienting, too. 
This is the 'business" side of the trailer.  You can see the ramps and chocks under the wheels that we had to use at this particular park to get level.  We hooked up everything yesterday and were quite comfortable last night EXCEPT we parked in front of a tree that directly blocked the satellite signals we needed for TV.  SO, today we unhooked everything and moved the rig back about 6 feet and hooked it all up, again.  Thank goodness, it worked. 

I have been keeping a spreadsheet of all the RV campgrounds we have used and I was surprised today to see that I have logged 94 facilities so far, and that doesn't count the places we have stayed more than once over the past 3-4 years.  There are so many that they start to blur in the mind.  The wonderful ones and the horrible ones are the ones that stick out, of course.  Thank goodness, I can look at my spreadsheet and this blog to help me remember.

5 comments:

  1. WB this is sooo you. I can actually hear you telling me all these things. Stay away from the fire threats ok? Love you Bum

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, WB ... I have to admit, discovering different types of cuisine was awesome. The tastes usually were great & I DID NOT HAVE TO COOK, even better. Your spreadsheet is a great idea, one I did not do. Since we have our eye on our next RV to be, there will be a Log Book this time. After so much time being land bound, remembering the campgrounds visited during those years has escaped us completely. Enjoy your adventures and love to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great. 94 huh? That's like (but more than) staying at so many places, as I do, that every once in a while you become a bit disoriented. Eating out each night sounds glorious!! I'll join you for that!

    ReplyDelete